Friday, August 28, 2009

The Thrill Is Gone.


Many times in our lives we come across people that strike our interest. People that excite us, spark inspiration and thought, and somehow find a way into our hearts. This is a good thing, actually its a great thing because stimulation of the mind and emotions is good for the soul.

This could be anybody; a teacher, a mentor, an artist whether musically or artwise, maybe even a crush. They all have something in common, we feel a certain type of way about them.

However, the funny thing about having a crush or falling for someone contrary to the other examples is that sometimes the excitement can fade as time passes or once you see who they truly are. Most of the time, they don't live up to the high expectations that you had for them. The feeling you used to have when you're around them can die out and you'll be forced to let the feeling subside.

Its like you start out cool, caught up in the rapture of infatuation and maybe even sometimes lust. Then it becomes sour after they don't live out the fantasy or rise to the occasion so to speak. Its happened to me plenty of times where I like a girl, we talk for a lil while then I get turned off once I see what she's about. We think we have so Much in common at first glance, the explosion of romance takes over us but after all the smoke has cleared we see the true colors. I'm sure this happens to a lot of people.

I dunno why I decided to talk about this but it was on my brain this mornin. So yeah here's a brain fart for ya...

Skipper

No comments:

Post a Comment