Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Personal Perception

Hey folks, its Wednesday again, another week down the drain. So its time to get it in...

This is just the into into my paper I have to turn in in the morning on how I view myself... I could have easily went on for days on how confident I am in myself cuz you know ima fly ass nigga... lol but nah.I wanted to take a different approach... check it out...

When asked, how do I view myself in society, it makes me think real hard about perception && points of view. Personally, I feel that I am a intelligent young black man. Coming from where I come from, Richmond, Ca its a stigma involved where all the males are "hood." That is the stereotype. Its not "cool" to have an education, && in order to survive you need to do illegal things. However, I break that stereotype because I am the opposite of all of that. I was fortunate to have a family that moved me out of that situation before I went down that road.

On a belief level I feel that people find their beliefs not only through what they've been taught but also through what they've learned from personal experiences. Me for example, my parents && other family members have instilled their beliefs in me && expect me to follow suit. In some ways I do. However coming from a different generation with different circumstances, my perspective of things can become distorted from what they have taught me, && I can make my own decisions on what to take from me upbringing ans adapt it to my life

As a person, I'd like to think I'm very compassionate && caring towards all people. Also I'm very forgiving, I don't really hold grudges. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not really into the hood life. Its not very appealing. I would like to think of myself as a trendsetter, or a trailblazer, someone who doesn't follow in someone elses footsteps, but uses obsvervations && learns from other people's successes && failures to make my own lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment