Friday, February 13, 2009

Motivation

As I sit back in this car, inhale this marijuana, scarf down these sour patch kids, && reflect over my day && my week for that matter It feels good to know that I have love && support from my family. Not just my the members of my immediate family, but my extended family. My brothers. I was ridin in the car earlier wit kool john && he randomly checked up on me, asked me about whats goin on in my life, && how I'm livin... basically makin sure I'm still on track towards reaching my goals.

Of course this is stuff I already know but he just reinterated how crucial && important it was for all of us to succeed in our lives. Us coming from where we come from, its not really "the norm" for ppl to make it out. So whatever we do we gotta go hard or go home. Do everything to our maximum potential. It was really nice to hear encouraging words from ppl you look up to

Don't get me wrong, richmond is a beautiful city with a lot of potential, && not all parts of it are bad. I feel there is a stigma involved where everyone feels that if you from richmond, smh... the bay area even that you are hood, grimey, wit the shit, etc. Because that is what's glorified out here. So us being who we are as young black men I feel we should change that stereotype on ur city by being a living success...

Damn I hella went off on a tangent... lol

But yah...... kool john said it best "we're a collective group of individuals, && we support each other, that's why we stand out in a crowd. We all have different goals && aspirations && we are motivated && inspired by each others accomplishments...." like I find it coincedental how we all wanna have a career in the media/entertainment industry. Like me, I'm going to be involved in radio && hopefully television as an on-air personality, john is gonna do film, rossi && rance are involved in music. && that's just our inner circle. On a grander stage, everyone we assoiciate with are talented ppl... && its crazy how we are so
Focused but we all know how to have fun... its a balance......

Just a thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment